Water Conserv II’s Environmental Benefits Include:
- Elimination of surface water discharge to environmentally sensitive surface water.
- Turned a liability (effluent) into an asset (reclaimed water) for beneficial use.
- Proven, beneficial and cost-effective year-round reclaimed water reuse.
- Reduced demand on the Floridan aquifer by eliminating the need for well water for irrigation.
- Accelerated recharge of the Floridan aquifer through the discharge of reclaimed water to the RIBs.
- Established preserves within the Rapid Infiltration Basin sites for endangered, threatened and concerned species
of plants and animals. Current documented species include:
- Scrub Plum
- Clasping Warea
- Lewton’s Milkwort
- Sand Spike Moss
- Scrub Morning Glory
- Gopher Tortoise
- Sherman ’s Fox Squirrel
- Eastern Indigo Snake
- Sand Skink
- Florida Sandhill Crane
- American Alligator
- Roseate Spoonbill
- Northern River Otter
- Great Horned Owl